The weight loss experts are always on the hunt for the latest scientific research when it comes to dieting.
That’s why we taking time to talk about the benefits of a high-protein diet and how it can help shed excess pounds.
Dr Michael reiterated Professors David Raubenheimer and Steve Simpson, from the University of Sydney, comments on having more than one appetite for food.
He said: “We have five: one each for protein, fat, carbohydrates, calcium and salt.
“Eat too little protein, they say, and you’ll be tormented by cravings and likely to over-indulge in all the wrong foods.
Whereas on a higher-protein diet, your appetite can be satisfied on far fewer calories.
This is higher than official recommendations, but I believe in the power of this emerging science.
One of which is protein banana muffins.
The recipe serves eight, and there are 292 calories per serving.
It takes 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook.
One and a half bananas (about 1 cup when mashed)
One tsp vanilla extract
200g almond meal
One tsp bicarbonate soda
Half a tsp baking powder
Half a tsp cinnamon
60g The Fast 800 Vanilla Protein (about half a cup)
80g almond butter
1. Preheat the oven to fan forced 160°C/180°C/350°F/Gas mark four. Line a muffin tin or grease eight wells.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas then add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
3. Stir through the almond flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate soda, baking powder, cinnamon and protein powder until just combined – do not over mix.
4. Fold through almond butter so it’s marbled through the mix.
5. Divide the better into eight muffins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. Healthy Supplies Shop is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of healthy supplies shop and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.