We all know that sedentary lifestyle leads to weight gain.
It is said that the most stubborn fat exists in our lower body such as legs and thighs and it’s the toughest to reduce it.
The inner thighs are especially the problem zones for women, making their legs look disproportionate.
Apart from this, thigh fat can also lead to gait issues.
A heavy lower body can affect your body balance leading to falls and fractures.
Also, fat thighs can give you skin rashes as they rub against each other.
Practice these 7 exercises to get toned legs.
- Get into a squat position with your palms flat on the ground.
- Then kick your feet back and get into a plank position, while keeping your arms extended.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Then stand up from the squat position.
- Perform them 10-20 times for optimum results.
- Start by standing upright.
- Now move your left leg behind to the right so that your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you were curtsying. While bending, join your palms together.
- Repeat the same with your right leg. This completes one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps.
- Start by getting down on all fours with your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Making sure that your back remains straight and parallel to the floor, kick your heel up toward the ceiling. Hold this position for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Do 10-15 reps on each leg.
- Start by standing straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Now squat all the way down to the ground and place your hands in front of you.
- Hold this position for a second or 2.
- Now jump up and forward like a frog does.
- Upon landing, absorb the energy by bending your knees and sitting into your hips.
- Start doing jumping jacks by standing straight.
- During the jump, raise your arms over your head and jump with your feet spreading away from each other.
- Perform it 5 times.
Side-lying double leg lifts
- Lie straight on one side of the body. Rest your head and neck on your bottom arm.
- Keep your toes glued together and pointed away from the body.
- Now slowly lift both your legs upward as high as possible. The legs should always remain stacked together.
- Hold for about 2 seconds before coming back to the starting position.
- Perform 1 to 2 sets of 15 reps for each side.
Sumo goblet squat
- Start by spreading your feet wider than your shoulders and position your feet at a 45-degree angle.
- Now perform a 90-degree angle squat while raising your hands to meet under your chin.
- Then come halfway up before squatting down again.
- You may also hold a weight while doing it to increase its efficacy.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. Healthy Supplies Shop is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of healthy supplies shop and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.