You may wonder, what is the average weight gain over Christmas?
On average people gain 0.8-1.5kg over the Christmas period.
And unfortunately, most diet plans are put on hold until after the December holidays which makes it easy for you to put on some weight.
You need to know how to manage your weight while enjoying the holidays, if you want to stay slim and healthy into the New Year.
You owe it to yourself to have a fun-filled and guilt-free Christmas.
There shouldn’t be a separation between enjoyment and managing your weight which is why The Diet That Everyone Talks About is committed to helping you enjoy your break while managing your weight.
Check our bestsellers!
Bath & Shower
Here are some hints and tips which will help you enjoy your December holidays without having to worry:
- Avoid going to parties hungry. Eat something light before the party to reduce your chances of snacking on high calorie party food. Some healthy snacks include biltong, a boiled egg, a block of cheese (not processed) or a cheese and tomato sandwich on low GI bread
- Watch your portion sizes. Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate. That way you are sure to eat less
- Over the holidays you can also try activities such as skipping, walking, tennis, jogging, gardening, aerobics or just simply taking a walk on the beach. Regular exercise is responsible for up to 33 percent of your weight loss total and accelerates your metabolic rate.
The Diet Everyone Talks About’s Eat Slim recipe book offers a recipe for a salmon and avocado salad with marinade sauce, which has 5g of carbs per portion … The Salmon and Avocado Salad with marinade sauce serves four portions with a preparation time of 20 minutes and one hour to chill.
- 150g smoked salmon, cut into pieces
- One avocado, cut into cubes
- One medium onion, very thinly sliced
- 125g tomatoes chopped, or small, cherry type halved
- ¼ cucumber, chopped (optional)
- Fresh lettuce for serving
- 15ml each lemon juice and vinegar
- 15 ml canola or olive oil
- One clove garlic, crushed
- To taste salt, freshly ground black pepper, mustard powder, fresh parsley, dill
- (Optional) 8 drops Natreen liquid sweetener
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly
- Mix all ingredients. Add the marinade, mix, cover, and chill thoroughly, not less than one hour, before serving
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. Healthy Supplies Shop is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of healthy supplies shop and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.