5 Rules You Must Follow if You Want to Reduce Your Stress Levels

Stress is a very normal response to an abnormal situation.

It is a good time to remember how we can keep ourselves mentally fit and well.

Mental health, as explained below, so just try these top tips to help melt away your stress this season.


Mindfulness is about living in the moment we are in right now.

It is so easy to slip into unhelpful trains of thought about the past or the future that can bring our mood down.

Feelings of unease, anxiety, tension and stress are caused by too much thinking about the future, while feelings of guilt, regret, resentment, sadness and bitterness are caused by too much thinking about the past.

Mindfulness is about focusing on the one moment in which we have absolute control of everything we do, feel, and think: the moment we are in right now.

Right now, in this moment, everything is okay!


Exercise is such an important feature of a healthy life.

Research from the fields of positive psychology and neuroscience all highlight the tremendous benefits that regular, moderate exercise can have in combating anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues.

Now, is a great time to get out into nature and take in the seasonal changes.

There are so many beauty spots to enjoy – what better way to nurture our mind and body.


There certainly is profound truth in the old adage, Laughter is the best medicine.

Laughter draws people together in ways that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in the body.

The emotion releases powerful feel-good hormones that strengthen our immune system, boost our mood, diminish pain, and protect us from the damaging effects of stress.

Just having a laugh with friends, watching a funny movie, or not taking ourselves too seriously can all yield positive benefits to your wellbeing.

So find some time in your diary this week for fun and laughter!


Isolation and silence are the enemies of mental wellness.

We are hardwired to connect from the moment we are born, and we can receive tremendous emotional support and validation of our pain by talking to supportive friends, family, or counsellors in a a safe environment.


It takes courage to reach out, but it is an act of self-care to do so.

Talking to ourselves with kindness is also critical in terms of our wellbeing.

Many people are at war with themselves in their minds, talking to themselves in very harsh and critical ways.

This triggers the release of stress hormones that lead to a drop in mood and feelings of low self-worth.

Talking to ourselves as a kind friend would speak to us has hugely beneficial effects on wellbeing.

Express your emotion

Feelings buried alive never die.

When we suppress our feelings, it is like pushing a beach ball underwater!

It, and they, will always seek to rise to the surface.

It is important to express our feelings in healthy ways, such as talking, crying, writing them down or just sitting with them and bringing our own kindness and care to them.

Suppressing our feelings can lead to releasing our feelings in unhealthy ways, such as angry outbursts, or releasing them through our bodies, resulting in chronic pain or illnesses.


Eating a healthy diet is proven help to improve mood, increase energy levels, and help us think clearer.

In contrast, a diet that is rich in carbohydrates, fats, caffeine, and alcohols can significantly impact on our wellbeing, leaving us feeling lethargic, anxious, and in the case of alcohol, very down on ourselves and depressed.


Unfortunately, although alcohol can help us to feel relaxed initially, and give us a brief feeling of euphoria, the effects are short-lived, worsening the symptoms of many mental health problems by interfering with feel-good chemicals in the brain that are vital for good mental health.

Balance is the key. Following the 80/20 rule is recommended when it comes to your diet.

The idea is simple: eat healthy meals 80% of the time, and have more freedom with the other 20%.

Follow the guidelines for alcohol consumption with several drink-free days each week.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. Healthy Supplies Shop is  not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of healthy supplies shop  and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.