What’s the best diet for healthy weight loss?
There are 7 essential factors for a healthy diet: carbs, protein, fat, fibre, vitamins, minerals and water.
Adopting a high-protein diet is considered an effective way to lose weight and maintain weight.
The good news is, protein can be found in a wide range of foods that are incredibly nutritious.
So, instead of going on a crash diet that can have health implications, try adding foods high in protein, which has several health benefits to your diet to get rid of belly fat.
But, how does a high-protein diet help with weight loss?
Turns out, PROTEIN is the king of nutrients when it comes to shedding those extra pounds.
A diet high in protein can help you tame hunger, increase metabolism, build lean muscle which helps to burn more calories thereby aiding in weight loss.
A high-protein diet can help avoid overeating, which is a major risk factor for obesity.
Best food sources of protein
Here are some high-protein foods that are rich in nutrients but low in saturated fat and calories:
- Beans: Beans – whether it’s black beans or lima beans – are a versatile ingredient high in protein, fibre and antioxidants that may help you lose weight, improve gut health and reduce diseases. They are an inexpensive source of protein that’s easily available throughout the year.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower contains a high amount of protein, dietary fibre, thiamin, magnesium and several vitamins and minerals. Low in calories, this vegetable isn’t just healthful but can be flavourful when prepared properly.
- Eggs: They are an excellent source of protein, healthful fats, and various nutrients essential for your body. Studies suggest that eating eggs can help you feel more satisfied and reduce your risk of overeating.
- Salmon: Fatty fish like salmon is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which are healthy fats that have several benefits, including improved immune function and better weight loss. Salmon is also a great source of protein, which means it can help you feel more satisfied at meals aiding your weight loss.
- Nuts and seeds: They are packed full of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and antioxidants that may reduce the risk of heart disease. Research has shown that eating nuts every day does not contribute to weight gain despite their high fat and calorie content. On the contrary, regular consumption of nuts has been linked to improved weight loss and cholesterol levels.
Adding protein-rich foods to your diet may be beneficial.
However, you should check with your doctor first before adding a lot of protein to your diet, especially if you have a liver or kidney problem.
The bottom line is, a healthy, balanced diet will help you lose weight, stay healthy and fit for life, and not just during this lockdown period where physical movements are restricted.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. Healthy Supplies Shop is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of healthy supplies shop and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.