It is not a secret that foods with high fibre content are great for weight loss.
A medium-sized mango weighs around 200 gm and provides 150 calories with very few amounts of carbohydrate and protein with negligible fat.
- Mangoes are a popular summer fruit that’s highly nutritious
- The fruit has been linked to a number of health benefits, including improved immunity
- Here’s how eating mango can help you lose weight
Summer is almost here, which means that it is the time to enjoy those delicious, nutrient-packed hydrating fruits.
These refreshing fruits can provide your body with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that improve immunity, boost digestive health and support weight loss.
One such fruit is mango, also called the king of fruits.
Not only mangoes give your taste buds that delightful tropical experience, but the popular summer fruit also has a range of health benefits.
Contrary to popular belief that mangoes are fattening, adding this sweet, flavourful, fleshy fruit to your diet may help you lose weight and reduce your risk of certain diseases, including cancer.
Know how mangoes can aid weight loss and benefit health
- Research suggests that bioactive compounds and phytochemicals in mango may suppress fat cells and fat-related genes, indicating that the fruit can be beneficial for weight control.
- Mangoes are low in calories but high in water and dietary fibre that promote digestive health. Consuming high-fibre foods is linked to improved weight loss. Increasing the intake of foods rich in fibre has been shown to support heart health.
- Mangoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, which may improve the immune system.
- Mangoes are also rich in vitamin A, which is essential for eye health. Mangoes are also great for your hair and skin.
- The fruit also contains folate, vitamin K, vitamin E and several B vitamins which have many important roles in the body.
How to eat and add mangoes to your diet
Mangoes are a delicious versatile fruit and you can enjoy it many ways:
- Add a few slices of frozen mangoes to smoothies or Greek yogurt for a delicious treat
- Serve it along with other tropical fruits for a fulfilling fruit salad
- Add to your salsas
- Dice it into a glass of iced tea, water or lemonade
- It’s best to eat mangoes whole in its natural form. Never mix mangoes with sugar as the combination can be dangerous for your weight and blood sugar levels.
What is the best time to eat mangoes?
You can eat mangoes for breakfast or lunch or as a mid-meal. However, you may avoid eating the fruit before bed or right after a meal as it may interfere with digestion and nutrient absorption. It is advisable to eat fruit an hour before or two hours after a meal.
How much mangoes per day?
Just like any other fruit, moderation is key here. Try to limit your intake of mango to 1 cup per day. Mangoes are sweeter and contain more sugar compared to many other fruits.
Mangoes is a nutritious and delicious fruit that can offer many health benefits, if eaten in moderation.
However, if you have diabetes or any other condition that makes you sensitive to sugar, you should consult your doctor to know what is right for you.
Perhaps, adopting a well-balanced, varied diet combined with regular exercise will help you stay fit and healthy.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. Healthy Supplies Shop is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of healthy supplies shop and we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.